Mini chicken pot pies
It’s weekend soon, n we’re going swimming this afternoon – how about some snacks that fit the occasion. N if there are leftovers, we’ll use as meals on the next day.
Alright mini chicken pot pies sound great. It’s been a long time since we’ve had home made pies. Pies are another versatile dish, it can be another wholesome fulfilling meal, u could include any meat, fish n vegetables. Here goes
1) Ingredients – boneless chicken thigh, chicken stock, onions, potatoes, corn, green peas, carrots, puff pastry, cream, butter, mushrooms …
2) Cube the chicken, potatoes, carrots n onions. Fry the onions in butter n add in chicken cubes. Fry till almost cooked.
3) Add in chicken stock, then potato n carrots cubes. Simmer till soft. Add rest of mixed vegetables.
4) Add in cream, n let it simmer for a while. Then add in corn floor mixture to thicken the stew.
5) I also added some cheese cut up to effect the creamy gluey feel. Cut pastry to roughly fit the top of pie container.
6) Fill till top with chicken stew n cover with sheet of pastry.
7) I used a pincher to make decorations on the pastry.
8) Egg wash every pie.
9) Into the oven for 15mins at 190C degrees. As my oven is uneven, I turn the tray once at 10 mins.
10) Started to serve – it’s yummy!