It’s a normal day, no special celebrity dish but I’m looking for challenges, some excitement n thrill to everyday cooking. I’ve already taken (batang) fish steak out, n some pork ribs from the freezer. So to make it more interesting for myself I decided to cook lunch n dinner simultaneously. Here goes :-
Sweet sour fish lunch
Braised pork ribs dinner
1) Ingredients for sweet sour fish.
2) Ingredients for braised pork ribs.
3)Wash and pat dry fish, sprinkle salt n pepper.
4) Boiling water to scald pork ribs to rid scums.
5) Pan fry fish steak.
6) Brown pork ribs to seal in the juice
7) Fish steaks done. Plate up. Boiled some water to scald bokchoy. Plate up.
Fish steaks topped with tomatoes, onion n tamarind lime sauce
8) Marinate pork ribs with Hoisin sauce. Ready for braising. Add ginger slices n onion slices.
9) Prepare sweet sour sauce using lime juice, tamarind paste, water, n 1/2 teaspoon sugar. Add chopped onions n sliced tomatoes. Boil together n serve on top of fish.
10) Serve lunch whilst pork ribs are braising in claypot.
11) Lower the fire n continue to gently briase pork ribs for 1 hour.
12) Add carrots first to the braised pork ribs, after 1/2 hour off fire n add in long beans.
13) Dinner is ready, and will be served later during dinner time.
14) Multitasking has its merits in this case, as I could prepare both lunch n dinner simultaneously as intended pork ribs needed time to braise. I started preparing around 12pm, lunch was ready by 1. Dinner continued to braised till 2pm n was served at 7pm. Enjoy – sweet sour fish lunch n braised pork ribs dinner! Cheers🏃🏃🏃