Korean ginseng chicken soup
Inspired by a recent Korean trip, when we queued to taste this popular soup n having bought some fresh ginseng from the market, decided it’s time to home cook, hoping to replicate the wonderful memory.
fresh ginseng had to scrub away soil
Here goes :- I’m preparing for 3 diners.
1) Assemble ingredients :- 3 spring chickens (about 800 gms each), 2 cups soaked glutinous rice (at least 2 hours), red dates, garlic n ginseng.
2) Prep the ingredients, scrap away soil n skin of fresh ginseng. Strain the soaked glutinous rice, salt wash chickens (cut away visible fats), prep the garlic ( I like to smash them) n rinse the red dates.
3) This part reminds me of stuffing the turkey. 😁😁😁
Fill up the chicken belly – first, with stick of ginseng. Then garlic n glutinous rice n also a red date each.
4) Place all stuffed chicken into pot n fill up with water to boil over the fire.
5)Boil over high fire for 1/2 hour. If u prefer the chicken to be tearable (v soft), then lower the fire n let it simmer for another 1/2 hour.
6) Dish up
7) Prep dipping sauce of soya sauce, sesame oil, pepper, chopped garlic, chopped green scallions, black vinegar n some cut chilli. Yummy samgyetang or ginseng chicken soup is ready for serving! Enjoy😀😀.