Sonny handed a bag of about 40 apples upon return from camp. Doesn’t seem like campers like having apples for desserts. Hmmm what to do? Apples are good food, super for iron nutrition ~ “an apple a day keeps one happy all day!” haha says who? 🍎 🍎 🍎
Let’s make apple pies ~ we should make more to giveaway to reciprocate the many favors we received in our absence during our travels.
Puff pastries, apples (6 to 8 each pie), grounded cinnamon, grounded nutmeg, sugar, lemon, butter, 1 egg.
1) Skin n core off the apples n chopped into small pieces. Squeeze 1/2 lemon onto apples to maintain the apple color.
2) Over a low fire, melt 50 gms butter, 2 teaspoons white n 2 teaspoons black sugar. Also add 1+1/2 teaspoon cinnamon n 1+1/2 teaspoon nutmeg into mixture.
2) When butter n mixture has melted, fold in the chopped apples.
3) Brush a layer of olive oil onto the baking tray before placing Puff pastry in baking tray. This is for ease of taking out the pie after baking.
4) Pour semi cooked apples mixture onto Puff pastry in baking tray.
5) Cover the top with another layer of pastry creatively using latticework.
6) Brush a layer of beaten egg onto the pastry top. Bake in 190 degrees for 20 mins. Viola ! Apple pies are ready!
7) Cool before cutting.Warm up in toaster oven if eating on next days. Top with ice cream if you wish! Yumz 😚😚.