Defrosted some short ribs, had some root vegetables handy but I’m rushed for time. It’ll be pressure cooked ready for dinner, and I’ll still be able to go run some errands.
Unknowingly defrosted only 2 pieces of short beef ribs, never mind, I’ll substitute a big piece of tofu as the third piece of protein. 1 raddish, carrot, 1 round cabbage, 1 potato and 1 sweet potato and 1 tablespoon of Bovril, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, some chicken broth and fresh bay leaves.
Marinate ribs with salt and pepper. Wash and cut raddish, carrot, potato, sweet potato, and cabbage.
1) On a pan, sear the ribs on all sides till brown. Dish into the pressure cooker for use later.
2) Glaze the ribs with 1 tablespoon of Bovril, deglaze the frying pan with water and pour into the pressure cooker. Add rest of the chicken broth enough to cover the beef ribs. Add in the bay leaves for first round of 10 minutes pressure cook.
3) Be ready to add rest of vegetable ingredients into the pressure cooker in the second and final round. The purpose of 2 rounds of pressure cooking is to soften the short beef ribs in the first round. By the second round of pressure cooking, the ribs will be meltingly soft and the vegetables are also soft but not mushy.
4) Into the pressure cooker in no particular order, the raddish pieces, then the carrots, potato, sweet potato, tofu and cabbage.
5) Stew for 15 minutes in the pressure cooker and should be ready for serving. Yummy🐂🐃🐄🐮