There’s leftover rice, as the daughters hardly eat. Am inspired by the Korean restaurant we just went to. Hopefully I can replicate but will adapt to the ingredients available at home. 😋😋😋
Lots of garlic, carrot, Napa cabbage, cilantro, white button mushrooms, egg, shrimps, leftover rice and Korean gochujang sauce.
1) Chop garlic, wash and cut Napa cabbage, cilantro, and carrot. Slice the white button mushrooms. Devein the shrimps, since they are quite big, cut each into 3 pieces.
2) In a wok, heat up some olive oil, fry the egg, scramble it and add in chopped garlic. Fry till fragrant.
3) Add in sliced carrot.
4) Fry the shrimps till pink.
5) Add in the sliced mushrooms.
6) Then the chopped Napa cabbage.
7) Finally, add in the 🍚, top with 2 teaspoons of gochujang sauce. Break rice into grains whilst frying.
8) Give it a good stir in the wok. Mix well.
There you have it – Kim chi fried rice. You could add another teaspoon of gochujang sauce. I prefer my food mild.😁😁
9) Cilantro is optional, it’s normally not added. Since I have washed and cut them, I’ll just stir them in.