Today being a public holiday, I’ll create an easy dish. All in one in the roasting pan, minimal oil, minimal washing.
1) Hard vegetables that I can find from the fridge, sweet corn, carrots, sweet potatoes, onion…and a 1 kilogram frozen 🐔. Pluck some Bay leaves and rosemary twigs from the garden.
2) Wash and cut vegetables. Sprinkle oil over the vegetables.
3) Wash and cut away visible fats from chicken. Towel dry and marinate with pepper salt, tumeric, paprika and cinnamon powder. Rub butter over the chicken skin.
4) Place butterfly cut 🐔 over the vegetables in an oven tray.
5) Pop tray of goodies into oven. Bake for half hour @ 200 degrees on one side (skin up), turn over bake further 10 minutes on other side. Bigger chicken needs longer time to cook.
6) Poke thru thickest part (thigh), if no juice flows out. It’s ready.
7) Cut into quarters and be ready to serve.
8) Monday’s roast chicken and vegetables are ready. Design some Sarachi chilli sauce onto plate.😎😎
Follow me on Facebook @ahgoodfood.