It’s kimchi soft tofu stew (Kimchi Soondubu Jjigae in Korean). For the 3rd day in a row I’m cooking Korean dishes. All turned out pretty legit. I’ve surprised myself and family members too.
The only dealings I’ve is visiting Seoul (twice), Jeju and Nami islands and watching kdrama at home. Today’s travel features Love land in Jeju island. Will not show those very explicit artifacts but share some humorous ones here. 🙃😌😝🤐
1) Kelp (seaweed) and ikan bills (anchovies) to make broth. The 2 packets in front of photo below.
2) Other ingredients are soft tofu, garlic, onion, scallions, kimchi, gochujang sauce, enoki mushrooms, egg, pork belly.
1) In a pot boil kelp (seaweed) and ikan bilis (anchovies) to make broth. Keep broth aside to be used later.
2) In a claypot, heat up some sesame oil, fry the pork belly in the oil.
3) Then add in garlic, then onion, and white part of scallions.
4) Now fry in the kimchi, then gochujang sauce.
5) Pour in the (anchovies) stock made earlier. Bring to boil.
6) Add in enoki mushrooms, then tofu.
7) Cover, let it boil. When it’s bubbling, beat in an egg. Cover, and it’s ready for serving.
Serve Kimchi Soondubu Jjigae piping hot over 🍚. Yummy, enjoy. 🍜🍚👏👏
Follow me on Facebook @ahgoodfood.