Being national day eve, national service men are on half day leave, I shall cook something trending in Singapore and that’s white beehoon (vermicelli) for lunch.
During my short stint in Melbourne, I managed to capture some trending scenes, including the iconic cable cars rambling through central business district.
I’m cooking for three, half packet of vermicelli, 1/3kg of lala clams, 1/4 kg prawns, 1 piece fish cake, 2 eggs, garlic, 2 big stock of chye sim vegetables.
1) Unshell the prawns, cook the shells in pot of water to make broth. Marinate the prawns with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon sugar for use later.
2) In a wok, fry the beehoon, drizzle oil at circumference of beehoon to prevent from sticking to wok.
3) Dish up the beehoon for use later. In the wok, heat oil and pour in egg.
4) When egg is half cooked, spread to sides of wok. In the middle, add in more oil to fry chopped garlic. Then add in prawns.
5) Fry in the fish cake slices and mix well.
6) Strain in the prawn broth.
7) When the mixture broth is bubbling add in the vermicelli.
7) Now add in the lala shell clams. Cover the wok and let the mixture cook for about 3 minutes.
8) Lastly, stir in the chye sim vegetables.
9) Trending white beehoon is ready for serving.
10) Plate up, lunch is served.
Follow me on Facebook @ahgoodfood